1. Have protein in every meal: Protein is an essential part of a healthy diet, however having protein at all meal times, accelerates weight loss. It leaves you feeling full for longer and helps lower your total body fat.
Here are some suggestions.
Add quinoa or amaranth instead of rice for lunch and dinner. Add sprouts or bean salad for breakfast. Toss a handful of fresh peas in your salad or soup, with 8 gms of protein per cup. It is a great idea to snack on carrot and bell pepper sticks dipped in a yogurt dip.
2. Cut out refined carbohydrates and sugars: All refined carbohydrates break down in your body to produce sugar. This in turn will cause your blood sugar levels to rise. Refined carbohydrates and sugar also make you retain water and cause bloating, which is something you especially want to avoid.
3. Say goodbye to processed food: Read the labels and avoid all additives, MSG, preservatives, artificial colors and anything you can’t pronounce. These are foods you want to completely avoid as they are full of sodium and such few nutrients that you might as well be eating the cardboard box.
4. Forgo the fried: Skip all the deep fried chips, spring rolls and your favorite junk food. It will seriously undo all your good work. The fats in fried foods are trans-fats. They increase inflammation and free radical damage.
5. Move your body: Try any exercise you enjoy such as dancing, yoga, Pilates, cycling or a brisk walk. Exercise at least 4 times a week, to boost effects of a healthy diet, with added benefits of the feel good endorphins.